** Phone does not come with power adapter, add it if needed **
The Cisco SPA508G is Cisco’s midrange business desktop IP Phone within the Cisco Small Business Pro product family. The Cisco SPA 508G is a 8-Line phone with backlit LCD display and full-duplex speakerphone.
- 8 Line Phone with Hi-Res Backlit LCD Display
- SIP and SPCP (Cisco C500) Protocol Support, G.722 Wide Band Audio
- Dual Switched Ethernet, IEE 802.3af POE
Cisco SPA-508G 8 Line VoIP Phone with PoEThe Cisco SPA508 G features dual switched ethernet ports with IEEE 802.3af compliant PoE (Power Over Ethernet) support. The Cisco SPA508G also features a Message Waiting Indicator Light, 4-way navigation key, and 12 button dial pad, dedicated illuminated buttons for Volume, Hold, Menu settings and Voicemail access. The Cisco SPA508G works well with Asterisk, Trixbox, Switchvox, 3CX and other SIP based IP PBX platforms. The Cisco SPA508G supports the standard G.729a codec, as well as G.722 High Definition Audio and several other voice compression codecs. The Cisco SPA508G features a web UI for local provisioning and can also be provisioned remotely via TFTP, HTTP or HTTPS. Other features of the Cisco SPA508G include remote in-service firmware upgrade, XML configuration files, 256 Bit AES encryption of configuration files, and asynchronous notification of Upgrade Availability via SIP Notify.
Cisco SPA508G VoIP Phone OverviewThe Cisco SPA508G supports LDAPv3 Corporate Directory Search, Cisco XML-based Corporate Directory and features a customizable logo and screensaver. SIP 3rd party call control for server based applications and Cisco XML API support for advanced applications is also available. The Cisco SPA508G supports for the standard SIP2.0 protocol, as well as Cisco’s proprietary SPCP (Smart Phone Control Protocol), a derivative of Cisco’s SCCP (Skinny) call control protocol which is used on the Cisco UC500 platform. The Cisco SPA508G is part of the Cisco Small Business Pro product family.
Cisco SPA508G VoIP Phone Features & Functions
- 8-Line Phone
- Dual switched ethernet ports
- IEEE 802.3af PoE (Power Over Ethernet)
- Supports SIP or SPCP protocol
- G.729 and G.722 Wideband Audio Support
- Menu driven user interface
- Web based GUI, remote provisioning
- IP dialing support
- Hi Res LCD Display
- 2.5mm stereo headset connector
- AUX port (SPA932 or SPA500S attendant console is supported)
- High quality audio handset
- Full duplex hands free speakerphone
- Hearing aid compatability (HAC)
- Support calls between TTY’s
- Works well with GN Netcom, Jabra and Plantronics wired headsets
- Optional PA100 Power Adapter and MB100 Wall Mount Adapter
- Much more….