As the market leader in IP telephony, Cisco continues to deliver
unsurpassed end-to-end data and true voice-over-IP (VoIP) solutions,
offering the most complete, stylish, and fully featured IP phone
portfolio to enterprise and small to medium-size customers. Cisco IP
phones provide unmatched levels of integrated business functionality
and converged communications features beyond today's conventional voice
systems. The Cp-7912G comes pre-loaded with SCCP.
Cisco CP-7912G IP Phone Global Spare CallManager
Cisco IP phone products include pixel-based displays to bring
productivity-enhancing applications to the phone, customization options
that can be modified as needs change, and inline power support over
The Cisco IP Phone 7912G provides core business features and
addresses the communication needs of a cubicle worker who conducts low
to medium telephone traffic. The Cisco IP Phone 7912G offers four
dynamic soft keys that guide a user through call features and
functions. The graphic capability of the display provides a rich user
experience by providing calling information and intuitive access to
features. In addition, XML applications deliver impressive applications
and network data to the Cisco IP Phone 7912G display.
The Cisco IP Phone 7912G supports an integrated Ethernet
switch, providing LAN connectivity to a colocated PC. In addition, the
Cisco IP Phone 7912G supports inline power, which allows the phone to
receive power over the LAN. This capability gives the network
administrator centralized power control, translating into greater
network availability. The combination of inline power and Ethernet
switch support reduces cabling needs to a single wire to the desktop.
Cisco IP Phone 7912G Features
The Cisco IP Phone 7912G is designed to be easy to use with conveniently placed features.
- Pixel-based display—A pixel-based display provides intuitive access to calling features.
- Four soft keys dynamically present calling options to the
user. The scroll toggle bar allows easy movement through the displayed
- "Menu" key—This key allows users to quickly access information such as call logs and phone settings.
- The user can retrieve voice-mail messages.
- The user can display missed calls, outgoing calls that have been placed, and incoming calls that have been received.
- The user can set various preferences such as ring types and display contrast.
- "Hold" key—This lighted key provides users a red visual indication that they have placed a call on hold.
- A volume-control toggle provides easy decibel-level adjustments of the handset and ringer.
- The handset is hearing-aid compatible (meets American Disabilities Act requirements).
- A single-position foot stand provides optimum display viewing
and comfortable use of buttons and keys. The foot stand can be removed
to allow wall mounting via mounting holes located on the base of the
- XML Applications can be delivered to the display.
The Cisco IP Phone 7912G is designed to grow with system capabilities.
Features will keep pace with new changes via software updates to the
phone Flash memory. Examples of currently available features include:
Support of a single line or directory number
- Calling name and number display
- Call waiting
- Call forward
- Call transfer
- Three-way calling (conference)
- On-hook dialing, predialing, and off-hook dialing
- Call hold
- Call monitor (speaker only, no microphone)
- "Messages" soft key that allows access to voicemail messages
- Four speed dials configurable at the Cisco CallManager
Cisco Discovery Protocol
- Automatic IEEE 802.1q (virtual LAN) configuration
- G.711a, G.711u, and G.729ab audiocompression coders-decoders (codecs)
- Integrated Ethernet switch
- 10/100BASE-T Ethernet connection through an RJ-45 interface for LAN connectivity
- Software upgrade supported using a Trivial File Transfer Protocol (TFTP) server
- Provisioning of network parameters through Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP)
- Voice activity detection, silence suppression, comfort-noise generation, and error concealment
Compatible with Cisco CallManager Version 3.3(2) and later, using the Skinny Client Control Protocol (SCCP) protocol
- SIP (RFC 2543)
Dimensions (H x W x D): 6.5 x 7 x 6 in. (20.3 x 17.67 x 15.2 cm)
Weight: 1.9 lb (0.9 kg)
- Power can also be supplied locally using an optional AC to
48-VDC power adapter (CP-PWR-CUBE), which requires one of the following
- CP-PWR-CORD-NA (North America)
- CP-PWR-CORD-CE (Central Europe)
- CP-PWR-CORD-UK (United Kingdom)
- CP-PWR-CORD-AU (Australia)
- CP-PWR-CORD-JP (Japan)
- CP-PWR-CORD-AP (Asia Pacific)